Prep Student Spotlight: Lixangelys Ruiz

Prep senior is near the top of her class and is an amazing vocalist

Lixangelys+Ruiz

Kamil Santana

Lixangelys Ruiz is a vocalist and near the top of the Prep class of ’20 academically.

Someone who doesn’t fear the spotlight, but rather basks in it, is Passaic Prep Academy senior Lixangelys Ruiz

Lixangelys Ruiz
Kamil Santana

A dedicated student, our morning announcer, an amazing vocalist and performer, and at the top of her class, The Boulevard was honored to sit down with Ms. Ruiz and ask the notable student some questions. 

The Boulevard: Thank you so much for taking time out for the interview! Let’s begin!

Lixangelys Ruiz: Thank you. Of course!

TB: So tell us about your origins.

LR: My family is from the Dominican Republic. I was born and raised in Passaic. I attended Passaic High School for two years and I’m completing my second and final year here at Prep. Growing up, I would jump around schools. I’ve nearly been to every school in Passaic.

TB: You’re a senior here at Prep. How do you feel about graduating within the next few months?

LR: I’m very excited. I feel like high school was a very long journey. Honestly, I feel I need a new chapter in my life.

TB:  You’re a part of many activities and clubs here at Prep. Which is your favorite and why?

LR: Theatre is my favorite. It’s fun, educational, and I love doing it. I’ve been passionate about seeing the program expand in the future. 

TB: Who inspires/motivates you?

LR: I have a few teachers that I look up to. Mr. Anderson pushes me and holds me to very high standards. Ms. Huze as well. She gives tough love and she’s extremely organized and I look up to that. Mrs. Benedetti, she’s just amazing. Also Ms. Sciametta, I love her! They are my favorites. I love them all so much. They’re all different, but in common, they’re all cool. 

TB:  What is something you’ve accomplished in high school that you’re majorly proud of?

LR: Being part of the first couple of theatrical productions of the theatre program as well as being part of ITS (The International Thespian Society) and seeing some theatrical productions at the Papermill Playhouse. I can’t wait to come back and see the progress of the program after being there since the beginning. 

Lixangelys Ruiz
Kamil Santana
Lixangelys Ruiz is a vocalist and near the top of the Prep senior class academically.

TB: Complete this sentence. “In my free time I…”

LR: Watch YouTube, which is bad because I want to be more productive, but sometimes I get tired and I resort to watching my favorite Youtubers, YouTube channels.

TB:  What are your plans after you graduate from high school?

LR: I want to give the theatre world a try. If it doesn’t work out, I plan to go to law school. I want to get a job soon and begin working.

TB: Any advice for the underclassmen?

LR: Yes, always have a planner. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Don’t get involved in a billion things. High school isn’t that serious. There’s more to life than high school; you can have friends to stick with after graduation. Don’t become dependent on others and don’t expect them to have all the answers. Be who you are. Don’t do something just because someone else is doing it. Know what you’re passionate about. It took me a while to love and really get to know theatre and my path has led me to where I am today.

TB: Thank you, Lixangelys!