Who Will Be Biden’s Pick for Vice President? Our analyst rates the choices

Who would YOU choose as Biden’s VP pick?

By Bryan Perez, Staff Reporter

The 2020 election results are in! Oh wait, that’s just for Russia.

Closer to home, our presidential election will be on Nov. 3, and the main candidates have been chosen. Going for his second term as President of the United States, Republican Donald J. Trump! On the Democratic side, former Vice President in the Obama administration, Joe Biden

Vice President Biden has not yet chosen someone to take his former job, but his choice should be interesting and could swing the election. He has pledged to select a woman as his potential VP and running mate.

Pullquote Photo

The more women we have in politics and leading our country, the more our country is going to move forward and break our social norms.

— Amy Zarebczan, Prep Student Council President

For comment, we reached out to our own very prominent female politician, sophomore Amy Zarebczan, who is Student Council President at Passaic Preparatory Academy.

“The more women we have in politics and leading our country, the more our country is going to move forward and break our social norms,” Amy said. “I cannot wait to see what great things will become of the leaders who will potentially be elected in November.”

Amy also told The Boulevard: “In one of Biden’s final debates for the democratic nominee, Biden stated if he were to be the Democratic nominee he would pick a female Vice President. No one knows who he is picking as of yet, but Americans feel his top choices are Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, and Kamala Harris, among other women. I personally think Amy Klobuchar would make a fine Vice President. Amy has endorsed Biden, and I can really see her leading our country’s senate and doing a phenomenal job.” 

Here is a list of potential female candidates, taken from the website ballotpedia.org

• Tammy Baldwin, U.S. senator from Wisconsin
  • Catherine Cortez Mastro, U.S. senator from Nevada
  • Kamala Harris, former 2020 presidential candidate and U.S. senator from California
  • Laura Kelly, Governor of Kansas
  • Amy Klobuchar, former 2020 presidential candidate and U.S. senator from Minnesota
  • Keisha Lance Bottoms, Mayor of Atlanta
  • Brenda Lawrence, U.S. Representative from Michigan
  • Michelle Lujan Grisham, Governor of New Mexico
  • Michelle Obama, former First Lady of the U.S.
  • Jeanne Shaheen, U.S. senator from New Hampshire
  • Elizabeth Warren, former 2020 presidential candidate and U.S. senator from Massachusetts
  • Gretchen Whitmer, Governor of Michigan

BallotPedia’s website has a more comprehensive list here.

Who would YOU choose??? Email us your picks to [email protected], and we will add your picks and comments to the article here.