Daisy Zafra, CTE Student of the Month for Music Technology, Level 1

Daisy+Zafra

Courtesy of Daisy Zafra

Daisy Zafra is Prep’s CTE Student of the Month for Music Technology Level 1.

Daisy Zafra is the Passaic Preparatory Academy CTE (Career & Technical Education) Student of the Month for Music Technology Level 1

Daisy has “demonstrated tremendous creativity and the ability to quickly apply new skills and concepts to her digital music creations,” said Ms. Burgos, the Music Technology teacher at Prep. 

“Daisy Zafra has shown incredible commitment to learning and her work has been used as an example in order to help her peers,” continued Ms. Burgos. “Daisy’s work also exhibits tremendous creativity and shows her ability to quickly apply new skills and concepts to her digital music creations.” 

Daisy felt shocked and a surge of excitement when it was revealed to her that she was CTE Student of the Month. 

“I never thought I would get a chance to be Student of the Month and I’m happy I did because it shows what I have done this school year,” she said. 

Daisy hopes to become a sound designer in the future and believes that taking this course will help her reach her goals. Daisy also hopes to encourage younger students who are considering coming to Prep for Music Technology: “This class is really cool because you get to meet new people and you get to learn a lot about music.”

The Boulevard Online asked Daisy a few questions:

The Boulevard Online: How do you feel about being honored as CTE Student of the Month? 

Daisy: I am in shock. I never thought I would get a chance to be Student of the Month and I’m happy I did because it shows what I have done this school year.

TBO: What makes you a leader in your Pathway at Prep? 

Daisy: Something that makes me a leader for this Pathway is actually liking what we do in class and being really interested in what we learn about. It’s what you can accomplish and that is what makes me a leader. I try my best so other people could follow or do what they do so they could give an example to younger kids. 

TBO: What is your favorite part about this Pathway? 

Daisy: Everything. This Pathway is fun and exciting because we get to learn new things, make music of our own and you never expect what you’ll do in that class. Also having a teacher that cares and helps you out to improve, so shout-out to Ms. B!!!

TBO: How do you think being in this Pathway will help you after graduation? Talk about your Pathway’s impact on you.
Daisy: This Pathway could help me after graduation because if I want to become a sound designer, I have experience already with this class. This class could help out people after graduation because you can work with a music producer and you’ll be a step ahead and work with singers so you can do their beats for their song. This Pathway could help a lot with people that want to be a music producer, a sound designer, a DJ, radio DJ, etc.

TBO: What would you say to younger students who are considering coming to Prep for this Pathway?
Daisy: This class is really cool because you get to meet new people and you get to learn a lot about music. We have fun with this class and have an opportunity to learn new stuff like I did this school year.

Congratulations Daisy!