Meet the Candidates: Student Council Secretary/Treasurer, 2023-24

One student hopes to be your Student Council Vice President next school year, 2023-24. Voting will be conducted through a Google Form that will be provided to you during history class on Tuesday, June 20, and June 21 for those of you who miss school on the 20th. The Form will only allow you to vote once, and only high school students, including seniors, are eligible to vote. Send questions to Mr. Weaver at [email protected].

The one unopposed candidate made a short video and was asked two questions by the Journalism Club. Below are their videos and answers to the questions, unedited:

CHASTITY CLAUDIO-MILLER

What do you hope to accomplish as a Student Council leader next year?

As a student council leader next year, I hope to accomplish brilliant and bright years to come for our school. I hope that by being able to take detailed notes about our school and the amazing ideas shared by the students, I can ensure that the proper information is done and written down. Not only will I be working as a member of the Council, but I will also be participating in any event or planned day. I want to be as involved as possible with making my years to come and however many years to come in highschool for everyone else as smooth and fun as possible.

What is the No. 1 issue facing Prep, and how will you address it if you win?

The No. 1 issue facing Prep right now is how people are too afraid to speak up about what they want to see be done to the school or more. Everyday I hear many talk about how they wished they had a chance to bring their ideas to the table or how they were too afraid to speak out, but if I win Secretary Treasurer, addressing this would be no concern. Anything can be done, even just a box with anonymous ideas, there’s something for everyone. I strive to be an understanding and easy to talk to person who anyone can talk to about anything. If I win, talking with more people would be much more of a possibility. Instead of doing a regular note taking position, I would get any ideas that I can across so that no one is left unheard. If I get chosen as treasurer, I would make sure that along with taking detailed notes, I can be someone to talk to about any ideas or just in general. I love talking to people and I’m hopeful that people won’t be afraid to speak out. I hope that I can be a big help for everyone, thank you so much for reading all this, I love to write a lot. <3 I hope everyone has an amazing day.