Prom? It’s happening … in person!

Prom+graphic

By Michelle Carpinteyro, Features Editor

Amidst all the uncertainty this school year held, one thing has finally become clear … Prep’s graduating Class of 2021 will have a Prom

One of the only traditional senior events that will be made available to the graduating class at Passaic Preparatory Academy will be held on Thursday, May 27, in Passaic’s Third Ward Park (rain date Friday, May 28). The event will be catered, have a live DJ, and be decorated based on the theme A Night Under the Stars. Prom will be from 5-9 p.m. and will host all three Passaic high schools together: Passaic High School, Passaic Preparatory Academy, and Passaic Academy for Science and Engineering.

The event will include dancing on the bandstand, photo booth stations, a catered dinner and dessert on the patio of the boathouse. 

Last chance to buy tickets: Monday, May 24, from 1-5 p.m. at PHS!

Prep seniors were excited, especially after more than a year of remote learning.

“I am excited to get to see some familiar faces after hiding behind the M&M letter on Google Meet,” said senior Nereida Delgado. “I am appreciative of our teachers, who made sure we will be able to share this memory with our peers during our last year in high school.”

“I’m so excited for Prom!” said Prep senior Melissa Reyes. “It’s one of the very last events we can have as seniors and I’m grateful for everyone who has worked hard to make sure it happens.”

Senior Citlaly Hernandez shared, “ I am thankful for Prom this year. It’s nice that we’re all going to reunite in such an exciting event. I can’t wait to see everyone and finally feel a sense of normality.”

Students must wear masks. Formal or semi-formal attire is required. Only students in good academic standing will be allowed to attend. No alcohol, smoking, drugs or weapons will be permitted.

For more information or questions contact Ms. Blumberg at [email protected]