Pirates of Penzance auditions set

Theatre Department at Prep to offer musical

Mr. Anderson

The cast of “Legally Blonde,” a production by the Passaic Prep theatre department.

By Michelle Carpinteyro, Features Editor

Get ready Passaic Prep family, a musical is on its way from our award-winning theatre department! 

We have all seen the incredible work of our theatre department, and this year we shall see it once more. Auditions for The Pirates of Penzance are now here!

Auditions will be submitted through a form and callbacks will be live. As a student, you will declare your desire to be:

• Vocal Ensemble (singing only self-tape)
  • Dance Ensemble (dancing only self-tape)
  • Lead Character (monologue, dance and song self-tape)

Mr. Anderson, head of the theatre department, shares the following information: 

Important Dates:

Form due: March 12

Callbacks: March 14 

Cast list: March 18 

First rehearsal: March 23

For your audition, you will need to provide:

1. Completed version of this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Tn3kS2rYGmLal9ZjGw52Ly2TYv7pEWGANQXQoF_sewg/viewform?edit_requested=true 
  2. A 45-60 second clip of yourself singing a song of your choice. **Choose a song that YOU believe best represents your voice and what you bring to the table, with or without accompaniment, whatever best suits you and your voice.
  3. A video of yourself performing the choreography provided along with a section of dance improv. **The improv should show off any tricks or specific style you can do. The song used for the choreography is: “I Am the Very Model” by Eric Roberts & Chorus. Do your best to get as much of your body as you can in the video. EXAMPLE VIDEO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-9BIXfUDpaZAQybwxx2tnwq4uD6DUFJV/view?usp=sharing
  4. A headshot. **This does not need to be a professional picture.
  5. A monologue. Only for students auditioning for leads. 45-60 seconds. Your choice.

For any questions or concerns you can reach out to Mr. Anderson at [email protected].